Since mobile devices have become our daily companions, the mobile data they generate has become extremely powerful. It can enable city planners to achieve their goals for developing smart cities, solve viability and traffics problems, analyze human movement patterns, i.e., where, how, and at which hours they normally move most around the city.
It can answer questions related to the infrastructure and viability of the cities, such as:
1. How well do cities ensure continuous flow of traffic?
2. Which public places are over- or underutilized?
3. Which roads require improvement, and in which order?
Mobile Data for City Planning
It is crucial to conduct the data analysis on specific public spaces, such as parks, stations, and marketplaces, to improve and develop smart cities. Mobile data helps make adequate decisions regarding infrastructure planning, improvement of citizens' livability and safety, and find creative solutions to smart cities' foundation creation.
Besides, mobile data analysis can be crucial to improve the residents' daily experience and even save lives. It is possible to aggregate the insights on traffic flow, volume, congestion, and speed in sensitive areas, such as around schools or hospitals.
Leveraging these data sets allows traffic managers and city planners to make more informed and better-targeted decisions: improve signage, improve routing, optimize traffic controls, and adjust speed limits to reduce risks, reduce congestion and to prevent accidents.
4. Where to improve public transportation networks?
5. How to reduce traffic congestion?
6. What areas see the most unsafe driving? And how to change it?
Innovative Retail Management With Mobile Data
Using mobile data by analyzing the situation and geospatial features of a specific area or point of interest can help many sectors and businesses improve their activities, provide more targeted solutions to the challenges that may occur, and better answer the possible questions.
7. What is the most profitable location for my business?
8. What is the footfall traffic in my store?
9. Where do my customers come from?
10. How do nearby stores affect my business?
11. Which of my competitors do my clients frequent?
12. What are the demographics, lifestyle, and income class of my clients?
13. What is the correlation between my marketing, the weather, or local events to my footfall traffic?
14. What is the correlation between changes in footfall traffic and changes in sales?
Mobile data gives deep insights into the retail industry. It allows understanding customers' personas, origins, moving patterns, competitors' visitation, external environment impact, and more. This helps retail managers make smart decisions and build data-driven marketing and business strategy to increase revenue potential.
How Mobile Data Impacts Real Estate
The real estate sector has already included location data in its business strategies. However, by incorporating mobile data-based insights, it is possible to achieve a clear understanding of the targeted area and answer such questions as:
15. What are the emerging districts based on visitor foot traffic?
16. What is the traffic potential for commercial real estate?
17. What is the ideal tenant persona for the audience around a certain property?
18. How to predict changes in the value of the property more efficiently?
19. Is a point of interest experiencing an increase or decrease of local activity and might therefore be operating at a loss?
Mobile data provides an opportunity to better understand the consumers in a specific area, their interests, and where they mostly spend their time. It, therefore, creates a foundation for smarter strategic decisions on where to situate new real estate properties, identify under- or overvalued objects, find tenants match location audience, or increase sales or lease length - long before changes in human movement patterns are reflected in surveys.
Location data for Effective Advertising
To make the most out of the advertising strategy, it is crucial to identify the target audience and their target location, where advertisement might be a more powerful tool for businesses. Mobile data answers the following questions:
20. Where would my advertising have the highest impact on consumers?
21. Is my advertising increasing the footfall traffic to my store?
22. Do campaigns of my competitors impact my physical business?
Thus, by analyzing location insights based on mobile data, one can find answers to many questions in business. To move from guessing to knowing.